Name: Brian Jennings
Member since: 2005-03-30 18:22:24
Last Login: 2010-03-28 01:01:31
I am a 16 year old high-schooler that has been interested in robotics for a while. I started out when I was 12, I was on a First Lego League robotics team. In FLL (First Lego League) middle-school kids build robots using the Lego Mindstorms kit to complete a set of objectives. In our first year we won 1st place in the robotic competition, in our second year we won 3rd. Soon after my FLL team started a FIRST team (www.usfirst.org). This year (our first year) my team was picked by the 2nd placed team to be on there alliance. Our alliance won our matches in the quarter finals, but lost in the semi finals, but for a rookie team that was a huge accomplishment! As of right now I am attempting little projects with Microchip's PIC controllers, I am also working at a local robotics company.
- Lead Developer on Hack-Together
Recent blog entries by BrianJennings
I have noticed over the past few months that I have been getting many hits on my MS Voice command tutorial (on my blog [briansrobotics.blogspot.com]... So I have decided to update it hive new comments and support for more compilers. As of right now the current link to the tutorial is not working, I will be re-posting the new one during Christmas break. Until then you can email me (BriansAccount(at)Gmail(.)com) to get the current version.
Thanks for your interest, I try to reply to emails as promptly as possible!
I recently acquired a job at a local ROBOTICS company! I am doing light assembly work for now, but it will get more involved the more experience I gain. Wow, I haven't posted for a while.
I haven't been able to get much work done and my projects, been really busy with other projects (more important ones)...
Yesterday I got my robot's wheels turning. Now I am working my way through the programming of the driver software and the ultrasonic range finder. After I do a little more mounting my robot will be complete (Took me long enough :) )...
I might post some images to my blog (http://briansrobotics.blogspot.com)
In other news I have recently created a SourceForge project. It's called Getix (dx-voice-conf). Getix uses Direct X extensions for voice conferencing. The goal of this project is to create a program (for Windows) that will allow lobbiable multi-user voice conferencing over LAN or the Internet.
You can check it out at https://sourceforge.net/projects/dx-voice-conf/ and the project HomePage at http://dx-voice-conf.sourceforge.net/
Well, I have not updated in a while, so I figured I would fill you all in…
Today I received a letter from a school district in California telling me that I have officially passed the NASA Ames robotics course I took this summer. That was some good news! I have finished the control system for my robot, but was having some problems with it, so I broke it down and am working from the ground up, trying to find what is wrong. Unfortunately I do not have an oscilloscope to read the waveforms. I am going to try to get that working, and then I‛TM]ll be in good shape!
Well, I finally finished the conrtol board for my robot, I
am getting ready to plug it all in and test it. I have some
pictures on my blog (briansrobotics.blogspot.com) if
you want to check it out...
BrianJennings certified others as follows:
- BrianJennings certified The Swirling Brain as Master
- BrianJennings certified steve as Master
- BrianJennings certified phillysteak527 as Journeyer
- BrianJennings certified jcrobotics as Master
- BrianJennings certified magi as Apprentice
- BrianJennings certified roschler as Master
- BrianJennings certified Botnerd as Master
- BrianJennings certified JamesBruton as Master
- BrianJennings certified WhoPhlungPoo as Master
- BrianJennings certified sparkjim as Master
- BrianJennings certified c6jones720 as Master
- BrianJennings certified JinSato as Master
- BrianJennings certified marcin as Journeyer
- BrianJennings certified matsw as Master
- BrianJennings certified Rog-a-matic as Master
Others have certified BrianJennings as follows:
- phillysteak527 certified BrianJennings as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified BrianJennings as Journeyer
- jcrobotics certified BrianJennings as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]