Name: Mohit Bhoite
Member since: 2001-03-07 20:42:19
Last Login: 2005-04-17 19:55:05
Hi, It feels great to join in.
- Contributor on parallel port control
Recent blog entries by mohit
A diary entry after more than 2 years! Its been a long long time. Just to let you know that I recently launched my website: http://www.mohitbhoite.com I'll keep it updated. Cya, Mohit Bhoite
Hey, thanx to have a look at my diary entry!
Well, today was a huge day, worked for 6 hrs straight! what did i work on? Building a robot, offcourse! I got hold of the many varities of chinese toy cars sold on the streets of mumbai, India. Got two of them at Rs.150( US $3)Hacked them, build a robotic platform. After six hrs of slogging, it turned out that the motors were too fast and didnt have that much punch in them. So, anyone interested in hacking one of these toys...be careful! Cya,
This message goes out to all those Indians who are interested in Robotics. My aim is to get all of you together and form a group. We all share the common problems, so it would be nice if we get together and discuss them.
The place that would provide us the space to get together is my newly formed club at yahoo.
So join the club today!
COMPLETED! My 'BUMPY' robot just got completed and it works just great. It had to undergo some major modifications before it started 'bumping' around. To begin with, I tried to use home made geared motors but they turned out to be very noisy. Then I tried to use them directly and ended up spinning the robot round-n-round at the same place. After I overcame this problem I had to face another one. The motors were too noisy (this time in the electromagnetic sense). I thought that the antennas of the bump switch were catching the noise so I decided to insulate them and reduce their size but neither of them worked. At last out of utter frustration I disassembled the body and began building a new one (after a long goodnight sleep). This time everything just turned out to be perfect! (Sometimes a sleep is all you need) This robot building experience has been a very good teacher. So no matter how easy a robot design may be, you always learn something new and useful and that's all that matters. GO AHEAD CREATE YOUR OWN ROBOT!
mohit certified others as follows:
- mohit certified YaTu as Journeyer
- mohit certified tivo as Apprentice
- mohit certified DLDInDallas as Journeyer
- mohit certified vipul as Journeyer
- mohit certified phil as Journeyer
- mohit certified niraj as Apprentice
- mohit certified Revi as Journeyer
- mohit certified rex as Journeyer
Others have certified mohit as follows:
- tivo certified mohit as Apprentice
- rick certified mohit as Journeyer
- zeta certified mohit as Master
- phil certified mohit as Apprentice
- bishca87 certified mohit as Apprentice
- mikegotis certified mohit as Journeyer
- ROB.T. certified mohit as Journeyer
- nitro certified mohit as Journeyer
- rex certified mohit as Journeyer
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]