Name: Markus Waibel
Member since: 2006-12-02 10:21:01
Last Login: 2015-05-20 08:16:54
Articles Posted by mwaibel
- BrainDriver - A Mind Controlled Car 17 Feb 2011 at 19:06 UTC
- Winners of Willow Garage ROS 3D Kinect Contest 11 Feb 2011 at 09:02 UTC
- Next Giant Leap pursues Google Lunar X Prize 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37 UTC
- Keepon finally for sale 8 Feb 2011 at 19:58 UTC
- RoboEarth - A World Wide Web for Robots 5 Feb 2011 at 14:06 UTC
- Robots: Odor Source Localization 2 Feb 2011 at 18:43 UTC
- Robotic farms - Hortiplan mobile gully system 1 Feb 2011 at 13:44 UTC
- Epic Indian robotics movie on Youtube 1 Feb 2011 at 13:42 UTC
- Anthropomorphic robotic arm from the DLR 28 Jan 2011 at 08:44 UTC
- Real-world vehicle platooning demo 26 Jan 2011 at 08:39 UTC
Recent blog entries by mwaibel
Robots – Robotic Rehabilitation and Biomimicry Environmental Monitoring
In this episode, Ron Vanderkley speaks with Dr Lei Cui from Curtin University about his team's work on 3D printable hand orthosis for rehabilitation, a task-oriented 4-DOF robotic device for upper-limb rehabilitation and a 3-DOF platform providing multi-directional perturbations for research into balance rehabilitation. They also discuss the fastest untethered robotic fish for river monitoring and an amphibious robot for monitoring the Swan-Canning River System.
Robots: CyPhy LVL 1 Drone
In this episode, Audrow Nash speaks with Helen Greiner, CEO and founder of CyPhy Works and co-founder of iRobot, about CyPhy Work's LVL 1 photography drone. The LVL 1 drone has six propellers that are angled up and rotated slightly, which allows the drone to fly without tilting; flying without tilting is significant because, Helen says, it makes the drone more intuitive to control, as well as removing the need for a costly and high-maintenance camera stabilizing gimbal system.
Robots: RoboBusiness Company Showcase
In this episode, Audrow Nash speaks to several robotics companies at the RoboBusiness Conference in Boston, MA during November of 2014. Companies interviewed include NPC Robotics, Xsens, Soft Robotics, NLinks, Neo Robotics, Zen Robotics, Identified Technology.
Robots: Supernumerary Limbs
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Federico Parietti, a PhD candidate at MIT, about his research on supernumerary limbs that can be used in manufacturing and for rehabilitative purposes, among other uses.
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Todd Hylton, Senior Vice President at Brain Corporation, about neuromorphic computers. They discuss the robotics development board bStem, which approximates a neuromorphic computer, as well as the eyeRover: a small balancing robot that demonstrates how the bStem can be used in mobile robots.
mwaibel certified others as follows:
- mwaibel certified gcaprari as Master
- mwaibel certified mondada as Master
- mwaibel certified rodbrooks as Master
- mwaibel certified robominister as Master
- mwaibel certified schernova as Master
Others have certified mwaibel as follows:
- steve certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- The Swirling Brain certified mwaibel as Master
- michel certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- vinod kumar certified mwaibel as Master
- jwp9447 certified mwaibel as Master
- TheMechanicalSpider certified mwaibel as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]