Name: Markus Waibel
Member since: 2006-12-02 10:21:01
Last Login: 2015-05-20 08:16:54
Articles Posted by mwaibel
- BrainDriver - A Mind Controlled Car 17 Feb 2011 at 19:06 UTC
- Winners of Willow Garage ROS 3D Kinect Contest 11 Feb 2011 at 09:02 UTC
- Next Giant Leap pursues Google Lunar X Prize 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37 UTC
- Keepon finally for sale 8 Feb 2011 at 19:58 UTC
- RoboEarth - A World Wide Web for Robots 5 Feb 2011 at 14:06 UTC
- Robots: Odor Source Localization 2 Feb 2011 at 18:43 UTC
- Robotic farms - Hortiplan mobile gully system 1 Feb 2011 at 13:44 UTC
- Epic Indian robotics movie on Youtube 1 Feb 2011 at 13:42 UTC
- Anthropomorphic robotic arm from the DLR 28 Jan 2011 at 08:44 UTC
- Real-world vehicle platooning demo 26 Jan 2011 at 08:39 UTC
Recent blog entries by mwaibel
Robots Podcast #213: Physics-based Optimization for Robot Control, with Emo Todorov
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Emo Todorov, Director of Movement Control Laboratory at the University of Washington, about a physics-based optimization method for controlling robots. Todorov describes how his physics-based method can be used to solve problems and discusses results in simulation and on hardware.
Robots Podcast #212: Self-driving Cars: From Research to Road, with Karl Iagnemma
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Karl Iagnemma, a Principal Research Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the CEO of nuTonomy, about autonomous vehicles in urban environments. Iagnemma discusses the market for autonomous cars, why nuTonomy is being developed and, at least initially, deployed in Singapore, and the technology of autonomous cars.
A video of nuTonomy’s autonomous vehicle is below.
Karl Iagnemma is a principal research scientist in the Mechanical Engineering department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he directs the Robotic Mobility Group. He holds a B.S. from the University of Michigan, and an M.S. and Ph.D. from MIT, where he was a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellow. He has performed postdoctoral research at MIT, and has been a visiting researcher at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the National Technical University of Athens (Greece). Karl is also co- founder and CEO of nuTonomy, a venture-backed startup company focused on developing software for fully autonomous passenger vehicles.
Robots Podcast #211: ICRA Exhibition (Part 2 of 2), with Greg Burmon, Dave Rollinson, Tony Prescott and Xavier Carpentier
This is the second of two episodes where Audrow Nash interviews several companies at the International Conference for Robotics and Automation (ICRA). ICRA is the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society’s biggest conference and one of the leading international forums for robotics researchers to present their work. The 2016 conference was May 16-21 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Interviews include the following:
Greg Burmon, Engineer at iniLabs, explains a novel, high frequency camera that senses differences in illumination at each pixel.
Dave Rollinson, Co-Founder of HEBI robotics, talks about on a modular system for constructing robots.
Tony Prescott, Director of Research at Consequential Robotics, discusses work on a companion robot.
Xavier Carpentier, Phoenix Technologies, on motion tracker used on the International Space Station.
Robots: ICRA Exhibition (Part 1 of 2)
This is the first of two episodes where Audrow Nash interviews several companies at the International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). ICRA is the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society’s biggest conference and one of the leading international forums for robotics researchers to present their work. The 2016 conference was May 16-21 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Robots: INNOROBO 2015 Showcase
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews several companies at INNOROBO 2015, a conference to showcase innovation in robotics. Interviews include RB 3D on exoskeletons, BALYO on warehouse automation, Kawada Robotics on humanoids, Partnering Robotics on robots for indoor air quality control, and IRT Jules Verne on a large, cable driven robot for manufacturing.
mwaibel certified others as follows:
- mwaibel certified gcaprari as Master
- mwaibel certified mondada as Master
- mwaibel certified rodbrooks as Master
- mwaibel certified robominister as Master
- mwaibel certified schernova as Master
Others have certified mwaibel as follows:
- steve certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- The Swirling Brain certified mwaibel as Master
- michel certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- vinod kumar certified mwaibel as Master
- jwp9447 certified mwaibel as Master
- TheMechanicalSpider certified mwaibel as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]