Name: Markus Waibel
Member since: 2006-12-02 10:21:01
Last Login: 2013-02-22 20:48:17
Articles Posted by mwaibel
- BrainDriver - A Mind Controlled Car 17 Feb 2011 at 19:06 UTC
- Winners of Willow Garage ROS 3D Kinect Contest 11 Feb 2011 at 09:02 UTC
- Next Giant Leap pursues Google Lunar X Prize 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37 UTC
- Keepon finally for sale 8 Feb 2011 at 19:58 UTC
- RoboEarth - A World Wide Web for Robots 5 Feb 2011 at 14:06 UTC
- Robots: Odor Source Localization 2 Feb 2011 at 18:43 UTC
- Robotic farms - Hortiplan mobile gully system 1 Feb 2011 at 13:44 UTC
- Epic Indian robotics movie on Youtube 1 Feb 2011 at 13:42 UTC
- Anthropomorphic robotic arm from the DLR 28 Jan 2011 at 08:44 UTC
- Real-world vehicle platooning demo 26 Jan 2011 at 08:39 UTC
Recent blog entries by mwaibel
Robots: Privacy, Google, and Big Deals
What does it mean to have giants like Google, Apple and Amazon investing in robotics? Since last December, Google alone has acquired a handful of companies in robotics, home automation and artificial intelligence. This can be pretty exciting for robotics. But what exactly is the internet giant planning to do with this technology? Is there something we should be worried about? If there is, what can we do about it? In today's episode, AJung talks with Dr. Avner Levin, a privacy and cybercrime expert, about Google's recent acquisition of companies.
Robots: 150th Episode Special
To celebrate our 150th episode, we brought together the original team to reenact our very first Talking Robots interview with Dario Floreano back in 2006. Floreano, who is director of the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems at EPFL and of the Swiss NCCR Robotics tells us about the latest in Swiss robotics, his work in adaptive morphology and flying robots and his predictions for the future of robotics. Thanks to all our listeners for tuning in over the years!
Robots: Industry and Society
In today’s episode Per Sjöborg speaks with Rezia Molfino from the University of Genova about how all robots are service robots, they just serve people in different ways in different situations.
Robots: Startup Funding
In today’s episode Per Sjöborg speaks with Jan Westerhues, Investment Partner with Robert Bosch Venture Capital, about how they fund companies in robotics. As stepping stones towards their long-term goal to build autonomous cars, they invest in a wide range of robotics technologies with real world applications. Westerhues tells us when in a project's life they can help and what to expect throughout their involvement. He also promises exciting news in the coming months, so stay tuned.
Robots: Interdisciplinary Teams
Per Sjöborg speaks to Giulio Sandini from the Italian institute of technology about how a start in computer vision lead to robotics. They also talk about the importance of interdisciplinary work in robotics and how diverse teams can learn from each other.
mwaibel certified others as follows:
- mwaibel certified gcaprari as Master
- mwaibel certified mondada as Master
- mwaibel certified rodbrooks as Master
- mwaibel certified robominister as Master
- mwaibel certified schernova as Master
Others have certified mwaibel as follows:
- steve certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- The Swirling Brain certified mwaibel as Master
- michel certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- vinod kumar certified mwaibel as Master
- jwp9447 certified mwaibel as Master
- TheMechanicalSpider certified mwaibel as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]