Well i finally got my butt in gear and finished that variable power supply i've been working on. It's done, i ran into a problem when i connected the fan to the output binding posts. the fan would start to draw current around 5 volts (the voltage i need). because it is a 12 volt fan it would draw current until the output voltage reached 4.3, then when the voltage rose again, it would bring it back down. 4.3 isn't enough power to run a pic. The fan caused this oscilation until about 6.2 volts. So i had to install a switch as a manual override for when i work with microcontrollers. I should be able to post some pics up either today or tomorrow. They'll be on the blog.